Monday, February 23, 2009

Was it worth it?


This picture will live me as being the cause of shattering what until that point had been a fairly charmed weekend.
We were on our way back from Ireland. Stansted Express to Liverpool St - breakfast followed by a walk through the city to London Bridge. As we got to the end of LB - I wanted to take a picture of this building as its walls do not sit at 90 degrees. As I nestled into a smallish area jutting out from the bridge I noticed this bloke lurking behind us. Trying to block us in the space. I flipped. Sparky flipped. The bloke kept staring and followed us. My nerves were shredded. It was the first time I had felt like this in London. It plagued me. Next day I made a special point of walking back over the bridge. A friend talked me out of the memory later the following week. The hammering of the heart was real tho. Just conflict adverse in those situs me.
---
I have since had further cause to get distressed around London. By teenage girls having a pop as I get on the tube a little too slowly. I cannot work out if these are linked to not having my headphones in or because when I am with Sparky for some reason we draw attention. Either way I feel less safe in this town than I have for a long while (updated Mar 13th)

No comments: