Monday, February 09, 2009

Saturday

Okay okay. It doesn't happen very often but today I did not go to Gillingham. It was not a hangover. It was fatigue. The week has been long and testing. The Northern Line between Morden and Stockwell was closed. The flat was a tip.
I woke up aware that all night my back had ached. I had not slept - just had my eyes closed. Knocked out on Nurofen and a Baileys.
As I come too I decide to stay put.
It was not a decision I regretted, well maybe a bit at 2.55pm. But by the time the light had faded and Gillingham had conceded 2 goals I realised that being a football supporter is far more commitment than being a fan. I needed a break. I needed to rest my weary brain.
So instead I spent the day cleaning. Why does this woman love cleaning? Well for me it's twofold. Firstly the weather and snow meant that bottom-floor-flat-stale-water-syndrome was waving through the kitchen et al and I was sick of the smell. Secondly, I get a real sense of achievement when it's all done. It's a great way of doing without THINKING!!!!!!!!! It's brilliant. I can lose myself in manual functionally work. No pressure - just plan the order of rooms and away you go.
I first went to Sainsbury for basic week provisions. Sunday would be cooking day. Saturday sort you home day.
Let my folks know I was staying put and got stuck in. Bathroom first. Then my bedroom. Kitchen and lounge. Finally the hall way. Ah. The difference. The sun came out and all felt good in my space. Some might say it was nesting. Possibly. Its a fairly small space but when its cleaned it looks better. Though I find looking at the floor and some of the walls a tad depressing. Plus the kitchen sink needs to be replaced before it fuses the boiler electrics. Otherwise its fine!! I bought flowers in the morning. At 2.30 I go for my walk and listen to rugby and footie. B&Q in Wimbledon has closed. Weird how there had been no indication.
Homebase and I treat myself to a plant. I hope I can keep it alive.
Pasta & sauce for tea and Green Wing!! OMG I had forgotten just how brilliant that was.
Then bed. Fresh sheets - bliss! Sleep like a baby - well you would having walked 7.33 miles all day!!

No comments: