Saturday, April 24, 2010

Had forgotten

how therapeutic just sitting and writing was... it has been a long while since I just sat and wrote about things. The start of the year was so fraught. And the last couple of days I have slipped back into some sort of emotional mire. When in reality I need not be that way.
Today with a slightly sore head I got to work determined to relax. It did sort of work. I threw myself into work and at 10am went and got my eyebrows waxed! Super!
Lunchtime was not as planned - the team were taken for a drink by the boss. It was okay. I spotted a chap on a nifty motorbike whilst stood outside the pub and smiled.
The afternoon was spent testing NCM in prep for next week. Oh yes 5 working days until we become a merged law firm. It was all good. 5.30 and time for a post work drink. I left at 7 to get home - sort out washing and prep for my day tomorrow. Looking forward to getting out of London for the day - catching up with old friends and hopefully seeing my boys play out of their skins again for the 3 points we so desperately need.
And now - sorting out MP3 player - need to download the Archers having missed it last weekend for all the right reasons. The first thing he did when he saw me was kiss me. It was very nice.
And now my washing is on and I have got myself more centred I can catchup with Enders and see if Minty is in the show - saw him Sunday too in the pub at Highgate. After the incident with the elderly chap taking a turn and being wound up mercilessly by his friends for doing anything to miss his round. The ambulance arrived about 20 minutes later...
Had a good chat with Camilla last night and Lisa was emailing today. So London is not really lonely - it can just get you down on days when work seemed futile and there are 100 other places you would rather be.
Anyways some amusing pictures to share and an early night beckons!! ttfn.

No comments: