Monday, July 13, 2009

Waiting for Godot..


I was very fortunate on Thursday to be taken to see Waiting for Godot at the Theatre Royal, Haymarket. Starring Sir Ian McKellan, Patrick Stewart, Simon Callow and Ronald Pickup. I was unsure what to expect but the actoring was brilliant - the performance played with a hint of humour that had the majority of the audience laughing heartily. For my part I was able to deal with the very hard gallery seats. Not so sure my companion did tho. Oh well. The captivating dialogue meant that 1 hour and 20 minutes raced by - the slowly numbing buttocks only felt in the interval when arising to ones feet.
I had been much looking forward to the evening since Sunday and saying ta ra to my brother. I suspect my expectations are all out of kilter. But more of that on Under the Stairs...

No comments: