Wednesday, April 01, 2009

G20

Well so far today the protests have had little impact on me. I did opt for a green jumper to signal my commitment to climate issues in my dress down day attire. The tube into Bank tube station was eerily quiet this morning - very much like Christmas. At 9.15am there were few people about. I didn't see any police until I got to the far end of Cheapside. I do not imagine it to be quite so laid back so this evening.
Now as the beeb website suggests tensions are rising the police helicopter continues circling above the city, as I look out of my office window, watching as the various four horsemen converge on the Bank of England. No more than usual sirens.
Not convinced the protesters will have the legs or pre-arranged authority to walk this far up.
The sad truth is that people, like me, with a conscious, are paralysed by apathy and are sitting still as opposed to joining in. Maybe with increased numbers the voices would be heard and a change made...and all the scare stories mooted over the last week would have been viable.

No comments: