Friday, March 13, 2009

Day 4: Thursday 12th

Thursday and the beat goes on.
I get up early. Dye my hair. Get ready to go out a bit later on. I then spend an hour calling and on Ticketmaster website trying to secure Mum & I tickets for the Wimbledon Centre Court roof test. An hour and no joy.
My friend texts to say she is on her way into town. I cannot stall. I must not leave Camilla and Benedict waiting around for me. Yes today is, meet the new addition day, and I am excited, and nervous! As it turns out we share a lovely couple of hours, having a coffee, walking, having lunch while I sit and absorb the enormity of the life change Camilla holds in her arms. He is a right little belter. A true cutie. And his mum is relaxed and happy and we both talk nineteen to the dozen about so much. I miss her calming influence and warmth in the office. Its feels like the ice age has passed since we last met. I feel especially honoured as its their first trip into town - on the bus, with pram and all the baby paraphelnia needed to keep baby fed, watered and clean! After we arrange our next catch up I see them safely on the No 9 bus and wander towards the Mall.

The Queen Mum now has her own statute. With her hubby.

Meanwhile the lake in St James Park is drained and being drudged to rid it of the silt. Ah St James Park. Takes me back to a very warm sunny day in June 1999. Bottle of wine and the intimacy of a friend who did want to but could not be with me. London has places like these with ghosts and memories. This one always makes me smile. How I long for a sunny day of frolicks in the park once more.

This pigeon has bagsed the best spot. On the head son.


The one in the water kept gliding round the rock. Very amusing.
Today was a good day - until the knee packed in. Grr.

No comments: