Thursday, March 12, 2009

Day 2: Tuesday 10th

Mm. Day one of my week off was largely spent fretting. About work. About life. About me. Monday was about sorting the pile of correspondence and dealing with those last minute things I failed to do Friday before being dragged out to the pub.

Tuesday I decide to do something, anything.

So I go to the cinema and watch 'The Reader'. For those of you who have not seen or heard any news this was the film Kate Winslet finally got her Oscar for. And I can see why.
It's a very finely made film. The plot brings to the surface a whole myriah of moral questions. Things I ask myself. What would I do? Which morals are worth breaking - who makes them anyway? Dilemmas. Day to day. What do you do when you feel one thing but know another is the correct path.
I was not entirely sure what I was expecting but I left the cinema emotionally jarred. I walked home realising that during my time in the cinema it had rained. A film and a day of contrasts. The contrasts. Before. After. The church. 'The' church. Literate. Illiterate.

Dark and warm cinema.
Commuter train from Victoria and football. However my thoughts were elsewhere. Faraway from a cold and damp football pitch.

No comments: