Friday, February 16, 2007

All the best Chippy

One of the key reasons I am a complete Gills addict is due to sharing the same class room as Chippy whilst at primary school. We grew up together and went radically different ways once we hit the 13 year old mark.

I watched his early career from the muddy Teynham playing fields, when Lotus Sports were my weekend entertainment, and have fond memories of early Gillingham youth team games at the Garrison ground.

Today he officially quit professional football. I am a bit sad cos it means I won't see him play Tuesday night at Priestfield for his current club Brighton - who we face in a mid week league game. Somehow it would have been more appropriate if he had played his last match there.

Thanks for the memories mate and all the best for your future endeavours! Hope you realise how much some of us lived your dream with you!

No comments: