Tuesday, March 08, 2011

Thursday .. 3rd March 2011

The stars aligned and I finally had the afternoon off! First up beer n food - followed by the cinema - a place I've not ventured to for ages. In time honoured fashion the film choice was based on actor participation! Christian Bale in The Fighter. A good film. The trailers all suggest the story is about Mark Wahlberg's character - but the sub plot of mother and son connections blinding them to the truth of the number one son was equally as compelling. An all round treat - pacy and thought provoking. Naturally all's well that ends well...


And so to Camden for a few more beers and to see an artist introduced to me last year... Darwin Deez at the Koko club. Tops venue. Real feel of old music hall! As for Darwin, first song 'Up in the Clouds' - how poignant. The rest of the set was amusing with dance segues and general band banter. Tops music and tops afternoon/evening! I was especially good as when I got in I fought the urge to send any texts or emails as my mind wandered back through the events of this time last year... instead I wrote all my feelings/thoughts in my notebook thus preventing daft stalker like behaviour.... hooray! It's a constellation!







No comments: