Friday, December 23, 2005

Random

Wooh what a week of events. Some amusing, some heartening, some bright, some dark.

Do I start with today and work backwards - perhaps the best way...


Before I do - land safe Mr G and have a great doon under Christmas etc. Strange how now you are mid air heading towards the other side of the planet I begin to miss you.

In other news last night I spent a very entertaining evening being called lardy by the lads... a position they thought would offend me except I just played along with it and in the end it got so ridiculous I almost began to believe it!!

Eyes still not right. Well I think the problem hasn't helped my headaches... not that 4 pints of Guinness and some rogue shot helped. Team lunch today - pie n mash.

Monday night I cooked - lamb chops for my friend - wanted at least one other person to see my festive Christmas lights! Very soothing - so soothing friend fell asleep!! oh well - I guess that means it was a comfortable and easy evening.

Sunday sorted out myself and the flat - good facial mask and plenty of mud! Felt heaps better. Saturday was spent in a cold crisp Bromley doing the last of my Christmas shop with my Mum.

Friday - quiet one in at home. DVD's.

And there was another reason for a quiet Friday - which would be Thursday. Evening.
A few drinks with my friend John - who made a sensible decision after the third that it was time to go home. However a force was conspiring against us. On the way to the tube met my old BT boss who invited us in for a festive drink at their Xmas Party. So we did. Except I then had too many. Said too much. Texted too much and generally felt like death on Friday am. I saw too much too. Illusions confirmed. Why are men so transparent. And that was just what I saw on the the Thursday evening. Discovered that when I wear my specs the interest levels from the opposite sex fall right off - unless they know you first. Anyway fuelled by red wine I texted a male interest and he responded which was strange bearing in mind he had told me he didn't want to see me again... so the tone of the messages was even weirder. Part of me was in my drunken state possibly winding him up - seeing what new line he could use. However by Friday - he denied all knowledge of exchange - so a) he either thought i was someone else or b) by Friday he realised his faux pas and decided - better pull plug.
If it was a) then i suspect he was on a ruse all along using his hobby like a spider entices a fly. Which disappoints me. Means my instincts are VERY out of practice... Good experience in one way - great let down in an other.
SO note to oneself beware in CyberSpace.

Why are people like that? I know it has made me very wary two guys I am talking to online at the moment.(I know I know - I said don't go there anymore - let it find you but... I get bored/lonely!) I feel myself holding back on what I want to say. More guarded. Which could be the way to go as it means they are the open ones and I can just absorb and see when they trip over themselves.....

One guy at work who I consider a close mate hasn't spoken to me since last Tuesday - whatever I have said or done - I'm sorry. I find the silence and curt polite emails very odd - so cold and unlike our usual bubbly exchanges. Maybe its what I haven't said or done that is causing the problems. *Stop analysing things*.

Maybe I really should head off these shores. Move on again. Fly to Sydney and start afresh.

Shortest day yesterday - so the only way is up now....

Okay. Wittered enough.

Christmas cards received so far = 11
Christmas cards sent so far = 25

And for my next trick Bend it Like Beckham!!

No comments: