Thursday, July 08, 2010

Sunday

I missed the Archers cos I was listening to Five Live and the Kate Silverton 10am interview - if you get a chance take a listen...
Gill Hicks lost both her legs in the 7/7 bombings 5 years ago. She was truly inspiring and I was overwhelmed with her story.
Today is one of those days that if you were in London at the time you have vivid memories of where you were when you heard. Today I got on the tube as usual.. taking it all for granted in some way and yet aware of how fortunate everyday really is - no matter what external influences may throw at you.
The last few days I have been called intelligent, strong, disciplined and resilient. Compared to Gill's story I just feel humble. I wrestle with my internal anguish which I seem unable to truly shake off... The tempestuous early part of 2010 somehow not really reason enough to still feel so listless when away from public gaze.
Take care and make the most of every moment...

No comments: